10

10 years of marriage.  10 years of time moving and flying past and 10 years of losses and gains.  Adam and I have survived the past 10 years, started to thrive in last couple and are looking most forward to the next 10 years where we hope to add one more to our family and pay off the house and start thinking of where to travel and explore with 5.  We have said some hard goodbyes, some life altering hellos and gone through some miraculous phases of growth and love and other notsogreat moments of confusion and doubt.  Our relationship is odd we have been told.  It's strange and over the top and perfect for us.  We have built it to suit us just fine and it has shielded us in many storms.

We have lost my dad, my moms parents, my dad's mom, Adam's mom parents and Adam's dads mom and brother in that time.  We have survived marital struggles around us and within us.  We have found joy and peace in child rearing which at times seemed impossible.  I have struggled with 2 post baby phases of anxiety and self-doubt which Adam has carried me through and we have survived the renovation and relaunch of my business.  We have seen our house go through various combinations of members and we have made and lost friends along the way.

The last 10 years of marriage doesn't stand out as being important to me because we have a piece of paper that says it matters but because we invested in a huge party to say "we're in this" and so far it's worked.  We are in this.  We are still in this.  Together.  To my favourite person, to my lover and friend, to my partner in crime, my greatest supporter and ally, to my whole heart and then some, to my very best friend, I'm still in this.  I would be nothing without you.  10 more please.

Comments

Popular Posts